While searching for a new crochet project to work on, I came upon a super-cute picture of a monster crayon holder. I could not find the pattern, so I decided to see if I could figure it out by myself. I usually do not trust my skills enough to try something on my own, but these little guys seemed relatively straight forward.
I actually was able to get the body on the first try, but the head took me a couple tries to get it the way I wanted. The horns took a couple tries, too. My problem was usually that I made parts a little too big. Or too pointy. I am still not sure I like the fangs, but until I figure out another way to make them, these will have to do.
I had to make some adjustments after the first one, moving fangs and such, and they do look a little different from the picture I saw, but I am pretty happy with how they turned out. I think I may make a few more using different color combinations. I am just excited that I was able to make something without a step-by-step pattern!